To lose weight, you have to change how you think about yourself.
I want you to understand this one concept:
you will get the body you think you deserve.
- If you feel that having a slimmer, trimmer body is a vanity project, you will fail in any attempts to lose weight for good.
- If you think that having a slimmer, trimmer body somehow means you are being selfish, you will fail in any attempts to lose weight for good.
- If you think and feel that because you are a mother you have lost your right to be significant, you will fail in any attempts to lose weight for good.
We all have an inner rebel inside us. You know the one I mean – the one who sabotages your efforts of being mindful of what you eat all week (or day) and feeling you need to be “rewarded” with a binge.
We have external saboteurs as well, the friends and family members who won’t take no for an answer when we decline cake or biscuits.
What underlies your weight is how you feel about yourself.
If you feel like you do not deserve to be slim, then you will not be slimmer. Sure, you will have minor rounds of success but until you finally decide to do this for you because you deserve to be healthier and slimmer, it becomes like an abusive relationship – you keep coming back for more abuse. You admonish yourself when the skirt or dress that fitted 2 months ago, looks like it shrunk in the wash.
How can you change your deserve level?
With hypnotherapy, you imagine what your ideal body would look like, how that would feel to you. We look at improving your relationship with inner self, to learn to like and love you. We release these inner saboteurs, getting rid of them or if they are well meaning, give them a new role one that helps you with your confidence and sense of self. Because you will never be able to say no to the external saboteurs if you cannot say no to the internal ones. Strength comes within.
Here are some of the speed bumps we may come across in the quest to recover your body and sense of self and we have to have a plan on how to deal with them:
- Are you going to go by dress size or scales as you measure your success? As muscle weighs more that fat, going by inches lost and dress size may be a better goal.
- As you image this slimmer you, how do others perceive you – do you notice jealously, pride etc?
- When you change, you create ripples in others. Some will not be able to handle the changes and those that truly love you, adjust. Be you.
- Don’t let some school yard memories keep you overweight to make the group happier.
- It makes sense that exercise has to be part of the process, our bodies are machines and need to be worked. Hypnosis can give the focus and determination to walk, jog or go to a gym. You have to expend more energy than you take in and this results in weight loss.
Now most importantly how does all of this sit with your lifestyle. Failing to plan is planning to fail.
What makes this time different?
It is about making decisions, you have the choice to choose something unhealthy or the choice to choose something more beneficial. It’s giving you power to make choices. Diets took power away from you as if you were a child – diets take away your responsibility.
We are putting food to the back of your mind, rather than being your main focus in life. How many times did you think about food today?
You have to be responsible for every morsel of food that goes into your mouth. You have to be accountable – to you.
With hypnosis, you always keep the goal in mind. Hypnotherapy can address any underlying issues of eating for emotional emptiness. Losing weight is a change of lifestyle, not something to go and off. As you begin to lose the excess weight, you feel calm when it comes to food. You feel better about yourself.
Your body being to transform. You can bring this new focus into all areas of her life. To make the transformation for summer, call me on 086 1038892 or email me below: