Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy. ~Norman Vincent Peale
Is this thought process a familiar part of your social anxiety –
- you worry intensely about what others will think,
- at the event itself your self fulfilling prophecy manifests and
- after the event, you post mortem it to justify your initial worry and prove you were right to be fearful and anxious.
Whatever thoughts you have, you will find a way at a subconscious level to justify them and make them “true” for you.
If I ask you to look around you and find everything the colour green but then I ask you what was coloured blue – you wouldn’t have paid any attention to blue as you were directed to seek the colour green. We look for what we focus on.
This is true for social anxiety, your subconscious mind is looking for the evidence to support your discomfort and how you were “right” to anticipate feeling dreadful.
With hypnotherapy I am helping you to:
- challenge and change your thinking patterns;
- change your behaviour;
- reduce self consciousness;
- build your confidence;
- let go of the depression that has been caused or exacerbated by social anxiety;
- All of this is done in tandem with therapy to uncover the cause and reduce the effect by building your inner resources. As you are so good at negative thinking, it only stands to reason that you will be good a positive thinking once I show you how to do and if you really want to change.
- Improving self confidence and self-esteem will help you to feel stronger and more secure within yourself so that you are able to handle any social situation that previously would have provoked a flight response.
With hypnotherapy we are conquering your social anxiety in your subconscious mind, reprogramming your responses to how you want to be. Working in the logical/conscious area of the mind will only ever have limited success. All our reactions, self belief, fears etc are stored in the subconscious mind and it makes sense to create change, this is where we need to focus our work.
But you have to want to change – all I can offer is the key to your mind and with my help you can find the control panel and change the settings to how you want to be in the situations that now upset and stress you.
Appointments in Limerick. Call 086 1038892 to book an appointment or use the form below: