One important key to success is self-confidence. An important key to self-confidence is preparation.
Most people are unaccustomed to being the centre of attention and when public speaking you are most definitely the centre of attention.
Whatever form your presentation or public speaking takes (standing on stage, giving a presentation at work), your anxiety can be uncontrollable so that you may:
continually thinking negatively and
most definitely not giving the best of yourself.
I can help you to become more confident when giving a presentation at work. I have various techniques to help you:
- control your nerves and stop the anxiety from escalating;
- maintain your focus on what the point is that you have get across;
- be the self that you want to be – confident looking, relaxed body language and a joy to listen to.
The tools I use are:
- Hypnosis – to relax your mind and body and settle any anxiety inside you.
- NLP (neuro linguistic programming) – can help you rehearse (in your session with me) successful presentation skills and feeling good about the idea of public speaking.
- Mindfulness – to focus on what is and what can be rather than what can go wrong.
The aim of confidence building is not to eliminate the anxiety totally – you need some adrenaline to pump you up but that you control and relax any knots in your stomach. To re-frame the focus of the butterflies to “I can do this”.
Any unwanted issues like blushing while speaking or dry throat are also dealt with.
In other words, in the session we deal with all the issues that make public speaking difficult and a chore for you.
You know that to progress in your career, your superiors need to be aware of you, they need to see you giving presentations, to be able to address groups in a confident manner and how can they see you if you hide away. How great for you if you suddenly started to volunteer to give presentations! Remember to boost your career, you need to be noticed for the right reasons.
I have years of experience in helping clients develop their self esteem and boosting confidence and I can help to become confident in giving presentations at work or any form of public speaking.