If you are already attending a fertility clinic and starting your journey with IVF or any other assisted methods, hypnosis still has a role to play. Hypnosis in itself is a relaxation and this has many benefits in your body’s preparation for IVF.
- Visualisation techniques can help you to see yourself being calm and relaxed as medical staff do their job.
- You are better able to deal emotionally with the side effects of the medication to stimulate your ovaries and
- your recovery after egg retrieval is better as some women experience pain and bruising afterwards.
As a hypnotherapist, I can give you all the tools and support you need to help in your journey.
I have a four session IVF Programme covering the various stages:
- relaxation and looking at any fears;
- the hormones working to full effect with medication;
- egg retrieval and implantation;
- the 2 week wait period and the outcome.
The relaxation benefits of hypnosis are long-lasting and you are getting yourself into the best state while in the fertility clinic undergoing procedures. Hypnosis is not about everything being quiet and being on your own. It is about being able to go inside yourself (going into your zone) and being peaceful while the medical staff work around you. You are fully aware but you are keeping your uterus as relaxed as possible.