IVF is an emotional journey.
If you are already attending a fertility clinic and starting your journey with IVF or any other assisted methods, hypnosis still has a role to play. Hypnosis in itself is a relaxation and this has many benefits in your body’s preparation for IVF.
Your decision to try IVF hasn’t been easy. You have suffered month after month of disappointment. It can be difficult being with friends who are pregnant. All you can think is why me?
Never underestimate the role of your emotions and underlying feelings about yourself. The stress response has been on high alert since pregnancy became difficult.
- Visualisation techniques can help you to see yourself being calm and relaxed.
- You are better able to deal emotionally with the side effects of the medication to stimulate your ovaries and
- your recovery after egg retrieval is better. Some women experience pain and bruising afterwards.
As a hypnotherapist, I can give you all the tools and support you need to help in your journey.
What does the hypnosis IVF programme consist of:
I have a four session IVF Programme covering the various stages:
- relaxation and looking at any fears;
- the hormones working to full effect with medication;
- egg retrieval and implantation;
- the 2 week wait period and the outcome.
The relaxation benefits of hypnosis are long-lasting. You are getting yourself into the best state while in the fertility clinic undergoing procedures. This is the equivalent of a marathon. You have to prepare emotionally as well as physically. Hypnosis is not about everything being quiet and being on your own.
It is about being able to go inside yourself (going into your zone) and being peaceful. The medical staff can work around you. You are fully aware but you are keeping your uterus as relaxed as possible. This reduces the stress hormone response.
Please note that one session is not going to work miracles. See the treatment as a valuable adjunct. to your IVF journey.