“What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think.”
Dr. Patrick Gentempo
When you suffer from depression it can seem as though no one understands you.
Your view of the world is blinkered as though you have lost your peripheral vision.
There is definitely more darkness than brightness.
As you know, depression can creep up on you or maybe you do not remember what it was like not to feel the heaviness in your chest – however the depression presents itself to you.
Whether your depression is endogenous (always been present) or reactive (due to an emotional upheaval), as a clinical hypnotherapist (hypno-psychotherapist) I can help you:
- to free you from your depression so that you can discover just who you are;
- understand that you don’t need to be defined by the depression.
- teenagers who have become lost within themselves and may be self harming. Whether friends have attempted or succeeded in suicide attempts, you do not need to follow this path. It is okay to be lost and I can help find a better way to deal with the build up of pressure that takes place inside.
- post natal depression (PND). Whether you have good support or not, post natal depression can affect any woman. You do not suffer alone or for any longer. You can find joy.
- adults whose lives have just become difficult and find it hard to get back into control. Let’s give your mind a break and separate what is going on inside your mind.
- suicidal thoughts. You are in pain. Each day you may go through your pros and cons list of whether today is the day it all ends. Please see me or talk to someone before the pros outweigh the cons. There is hope. You can get through this.
My way of working is:
- focusing on how you want to be – you design your future self,
- what it is you want for your future,
- how to handle difficult situations or upsets in the future,
- ease the pressure inside your mind,
- using hypnosis which is a guided relaxation, you can feel different physiologically straight away.
Depression is an unease inside which affects mood, emotions and physiology (how you hold your body). It does not need years of psychotherapy or counselling to gain control of depression. With hypnotherapy, you are recognising when the lull starts to happen that signals the start of a depressive cycle and therefore, you lows never have to be so low again or your highs high. It is bringing you back to an even keel.
Once you recognise that you have the control, you can:
- move that pain in your chest (my experience) or
- take the bag off your back or
- stop being tethered,
only then can you be free to be how you want to be.
If you want to beat depression, talk to me so I can help you move on.
Appointments in Limerick and Dublin.
Call 086 1038892