Children have their own anxieties. Some fears may be home or school related, others stem from within the child. Whatever is going on inside, children can have difficulty articulating their feelings but are very aware of shapes and images inside and any injustices that they perceive in the world around them.
They are very natural responders to hypnotherapy and NLP (neuro linguistic programming).
I explain my work as a special type of work that enables them to be able to look inside themselves to change what isn’t working and decide on what the best course of action is for them in the situations that previously caused them upset.
For fear based issues, I look at the initial incident which made them feel different to enable them to move past the emotional connection.
Each child is treated as being the controller of their own mind and body and I am the tour guide for self improvement. I talk with your child and not at or to them. I enable them to discover their inner superhero.
Whatever issue is causing them upset whether it is:
- school related,
- self image,
- pain management,
- being bullied,
All of these can easily be treated with hypnotherapy and simple energy calming techniques. The process varies depending on the age of the child. I can treat children from the age of 8 upwards.
The younger child’s therapy will involve:
- metaphors through story telling. This is using NLP and hypnosis (which involves in the intense focus on the character and what the character have to overcome) and in this way,
- your child’s mind will interpret the story’s resemblance to what is happening in your child’s life and bring about an ease, as of course the main character of the story is your child who will help me to develop the tale.
- It is talking around the problem as young children are not able to really articulate their feelings but just know something is wrong inside.
The older children, from age 10/11 upwards:
- enjoy the relaxation element of hypnosis.
- see how if they do something differently, then a different result is produced.
- It never ceases to amaze me how children so young are so in tune with what is going on inside them.
- They love getting that sense of power and control within themselves.
You, as the parent, are present at all times. I have you out of the eye line of your child (if older), to give them a sense of privacy.
I love working with children as they are so open and responsive. They will adjust my course of action if they feel it necessary.
You, as the parent, are giving them a gift that will continue to pay dividends into the adult lives. I see many adults whose issues have originated from school (and this is in people in their 30s, 40s and 50s) and feel they have lost out in life.
Children know what they want (they may not be able to articulate it) but they are very clear in their objectives.
If your child has an issue which is affecting their sense of wellbeing, please do not hesitate to contact me:
Appointments in Limerick
Call 086 1038892 Now