Becoming pregnant should be easy.
But it isn’t. 1 in 5 couples will struggle to become pregnant.
Why can’t I have a baby? It is the one thing that is outside our control and yet our minds struggle to make sense of the difficulty we can have in trying to conceive.
My own difficulties in becoming pregnant made me lose trust in myself – why was my body not doing what it was supposed to do! No doubt you have (or are beginning) to lose sense of yourself especially if others around you are becoming pregnant. It can feel like you are being stabbed in the chest!
What can you do to help fertility and how can I help with my mind body fertility programme?
- Reducing the stress your mind and body are under needs to be addressed. When stressed, the body tightens up, inside and outside, so you can imagine what your poor ovaries are like, the pressure they are under!
- Hypnosis is a proven strategy (see section on scientific studies) to help reduce your stress and to relieve the mind of the constant thinking of achieving pregnancy.
- This is easier said than done but hypnosis really helps to put things into perspective especially if there is no medical reason for lack of conception. If there is a medical reason, this is true of 50% of infertile couples, hypnosis can be aid to achieving balance helping to reset the hormonal levels.
Relaxation of mind and body together is very powerful.
- You will feel an immediate benefit straight away – giving your head some peace as it were.
- The goal is to connect your mind and body, to find any emotional blocks and to loosen the tightness and tension that has built up inside you.
- To remember what it was like to be the “fun” you. There is a jadedness that is part of sadness in not being able to become pregnant.
- To get the body, mind and reproductive system working together.
- We can access the emotional blocks that are preventing pregnancy.
Hypnosis allows you to imagine what pregnancy feels like and future pacing is very powerful. Because perhaps for the first time you can “allow” yourself to see beyond the conception.
These visualizations are performed to set the scene for your subconscious mind. To show the subconscious what it is you really want and how happy and good it makes you feel.
Stop focusing on what is not happening and negativity that is present. Instead the focus is on:
- seeing and feeling conception occurring,
- the developing foetus, the scans and
- seeing the development of your baby,
- the birth and
- then your home with your new addition.
Nobody can promise you a baby but I can promise to help you to be at your very best spiritually, physically and emotionally.
Your subconscious mind does not know the difference between what is real or imagined and when you imagine and can see and feel the pregnancy. These visualisations help to highlight any blocks which we can then address.
I offer a 4 step approach (each step may take one or more sessions):
1. Background and goals of therapy;
2. Beliefs and emotions;
3. Resolving inner conflicts;
4. Visualisation techniques.
This is to give you the best possible chance of conceiving.
I also offer a preparation programme for those already embarking on IVF.
Appointments in Dublin and Limerick
Call 086 1038892 Now
Some studies have demonstrated that this sense of low mood (depression) is higher in women with fertility issues than in women with cancer! This can lead to feelings of isolation as others find it hard to understand your feelings. I can attest to this personally as the fear of not becoming pregnant and the distrust with my body made me become very insular and very down within myself.
Hypnotherapy was how I regained control of myself and became pregnant. Due to the benefit I received, this led to me training to be a hypnotherapist so I could help women like me – who have so much love for a baby that is not conceived, who wonders what’s wrong with me when my body let me down (with miscarriages and lack of pregnancy).