To create everlasting change you must:
- Decide on what you want. What will it mean to you to achieve this? This is your why. What happens to your life if you stay as you are?
- Focus on the steps that are required to achieve this goal. What obstacles are in your way/what obstacles may come up? How do you overcome them. What resources do you have have already? What resources do you need e.g. people (me), skills (I can help you) and organisations?
- Achieving your goal requires action. How many self help books have you read and thought “that’s great” and then left it on your bookshelf to gather dust? You need to apply what you know and take action. If nothing changes internally or externally, then nothing changes.
If stress, anxiety, anger (whatever name you call it) is affecting you and your relationships, please let me help you to improve your coping strategies so that the places, people and situations that previously caused you to feel stressed will now just calm you.
Your treatment is tailored to suit your needs. It is not about you fitting a treatment model. All sessions are confidential.
My therapy is not just for adult men and women. I treat children from the age of 8 so if your child has any issues with anger, school problems, bedwetting, being bullied, then consider hypnosis which is perfect for children as their imaginations are so vivid.
My journey to become a clinical hypnotherapist began with two miscarriages. The downward emotional spiral compounded by my poor stress management skills (including anger issues) led me to a very dark place. Something had to be done.
I had become:
- socially isolated,
- had no joy in my life,
- angry at every pregnant woman, every mother I saw screaming at her child.
My mind had one focus, why was I not pregnant and why did my babies have to die inside me – what I had done to deserve that? Therein lay the problem, of course I had done nothing wrong but when there are no answers, I began to blame myself.
I was not interested in counselling or taking medications so another outlet had to be found. I came across an ad by a hypnotherapist and thought I had nothing left to lose and made my appointment.
At the end of my first session, I walked out lighter and brighter than I had felt for years. Over the course of my sessions, I worked out some issues but the main benefit was that the pain in my chest (which I thought everyone had!) was gone. To be honest, I did not really notice it until it was gone!
As I gradually returned to my old self, I began to see things differently.
I wanted to stop women spiralling out of control, to understand that they did not cause their miscarriage or infertility so I trained to be a hypnotherapist.
My realisation of the other positive applications of hypnosis –
- of being able to calm the turmoil inside your mind;
- of being able to calm the turmoil inside your body;
- of being able to change and stop unwanted habits/thoughts;
- of being able to understand that the calmer you are, the more control you have (it is a very weird experience!);
- of being able to love and forgive yourself for what was said or not said, done or not done;
- of being able to forgive those who need to be forgiven and to let go. While we allow guilt, anger, anxiety (you name it) to be inside, then you will never be happy.
I want to provide a haven for you to feel safe where you can become unburdened by what life has thrown at you.
I am now a mother to three beautiful children (Joe, Dulcie and Sophia) and my other babies – two dogs (Ruby and Milo). In my heart my two angels live.
My email is email@example.com and my telephone is 086 1038892. Appointments in Limerick and Dublin.
Zita Stanley is a Clinical Hypnotherapist and NLP practitioner practicing in Limerick and Laois and author. She graduated from the Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy/Psychotherapy with an Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy/Psychotherapy and has at her disposal numerous tools to help clients to overcome anger.
Post Graduate Training:
- Neurology of Suggestion;
- Anger Management;
- Stress Management;
- Creative Analytical Therapy;
- Eating Disorders & Weight Loss;
- Smoking Cessation.
Hypnosis, hypnotherapy and NLP (neuro linguistic programming) cannot claim to be a magic cure all. As a NLP (neuro linguistic practitioner), I am your guide to your subconscious mind but I cannot make you change nor do I have any power over you nor am I a mind reader. Your subconscious mind has formed the habit or learned response and change will only occur when the reasons for wanting to change are more powerful than what is already present. My aim is to give you clarity on what you want to achieve, exercises on how to achieve and maintain the change.